1305 South Boulevard, originally known as the C. Milby Dow residence, is located at the southeastern entrance to the Broadacres Historic District. This two-story Georgian home was designed by John Staub in 1926 and has a 1963 addition also by Staub.
The historic residence was conserved and renovated to retain historic fabric. Areas of new renovation were located where subsequent renovations had previously occurred. As a result of careful planning, the kitchen and master bath were updated for contemporary use, without the need for an addition. Original light fixtures and door hardware was serviced and reinstalled, along with providing new HVAC, plumbing, and electrical wiring. Historic color analysis was performed to reveal how the painted surfaces evolved over time. The restored exterior painted surfaces and a majority of the
interiors reflect the original color scheme.
Alterations to the exterior of the original structure was limited to reframing of the East Porch, due to deferred maintenance, and the roof of the two-story garage/quarters and because of damage from a previous fire.
The site was transformed with a new garden design, with brick masonry walls surrounding the sides and rear yards. The existing brick walls located behind the pool were expanded and heightened by adding brick lattice for additional privacy. Stabilized decomposed granite driveways were provided, including a new circular drop-off, replacing the previous gravel paving.