On a prominent DUMBO corner along the Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront the avant-garde performance presenters, St. Ann’s Warehouse, built its new home in the 1860 Tobacco Warehouse. The design within this ruin-like brick building, celebrates unexpected materials of glass bricks, black steel, and plywood. A structural steel volume housing the theater is inserted snugly into the walls, allowing the historic arched doors and windows to be both inside and outside. The program of lobby, 700-seat theatre, offices, event space and community amenities open onto an intimate triangular garden within the warehouse’s walls. The layout of the theater and hall allows for flexibility and can easily accommodate varied events for both theater and community uses.