Project DescriptionProject Goals: Reprogram and renovate the circa 1940’s Webb Brothers Gulf Service Station/Chrysler Dealership. (located at the only stop light in Marfa) to house:
• Marfa Contemporary Gallery
• Timecar (car sharing rental)
• The Pizza Foundation
• An Artist in Residence Studio
City Arts Center (Oklahoma City) is expanding its operations in the region. Having a satellite gallery in Marfa, Texas, a town with a well-established reputation in the international art arena, will stimulate further interest in CAC throughout the world. The Mission of Marfa Contemporary Gallery encourages artistic expression in all its forms through education and exhibitions. The Vision states, “we endeavor to instill in the public a lifetime appreciation of the arts and enthusiasm for creative practice.” Marfa Contemporary Gallery incorporates and enhances the existing businesses, and includes a 2156-square-foot art gallery, administration offices, a studio for artists in residence, indoor and outdoor dining areas, and a wet bar.
1. Reinvigorate the historic corner site and building.
2. Be respectful of the building history.
3. Capture the spirit of Marfa.
4. Create a new presence for City Arts Center as a part of the new reinvention
5. Create a world-class art space