Project DescriptionAkatlar, formerly a residential area in Istanbul, has begun to contain commercial and office functions recently. Conserving the height and contour, it is the renovation of an existing building built in 1960s. Although it works as an office, morphologically it is similar to a residential building, owing to the surrounding area and various constructive restrictions.
As a result of such restrictions, upper shell is hidden behind the roof parapet for the reason it had to be hip-roof. Side shell is fiber concrete and wood. Existing backyard is transformed into a social outer space and also is an end for the steel fire escape attached to the building.
- Project Name: Garanti Bank Service Building
- Location: Etiler, İstanbul
- Architecture Firm: CM Mimarlık Ltd. Şti. / Midek Mingü A.Ş.
- Architects: Cem Sorguç, Hasan Mingü
- CM Architecture Team : Tolga Yağlı, Seda Kayalar, Çağrı Küçükay, Barış Kıldiş
- Client: Garanti Yatırım Menkul Kıymetler A.Ş.
- Project date: 2008 – 2009
- Construction date: 2009 – 2010
- Site area: 1398 m²
- Cumulative construction area: 3832 m²
- Structure contractor: Altınsoy İnşaat, Taahhüt, Proje ve Ticaret Ltd. Şti.
- Interior work contractor: T Dizayn Mimarlık, İnşaat, Dekorasyon, San. İç ve Dış Tic. Ltd. Şti.
- Structural project: MPI mühendislik Proje İnşaat Taahhüt Ltd. Şti.
- Electrical project: Tasarım Proje Elektrik ve Ticaret Ltd. Şti.
- Mechanical project: Total Teknik Mekanik Elektronik Müh. San. Tic. Ltd. Şti.
- Project type: Office
- Construction type: Concrete
- Photographs: Cemal Emden